May 02, 2024, 12:51:18 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Movement question.

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), August 02, 2006, 04:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I am drawing a mind blank and I know this is wrong, only because its like driving a rocket car:

IF di.KeyDown(DIK_UP)
{
tankMotion.x=myMesh.x+tankdir.x;
tankMotion.y=myMesh.y+tankdir.y;
tankMotion.z=myMesh.z+tankdir.z;
z.Position(tankmotion.x,tankmotion.y,tankmotion.z-.25f * fAdjust);
}

I need a throttler to reduce the movement of my tank.
I think what is wrong is that my tankdir should be a smaller value, come to think of it, maybe I should multiple it or devide each by a certain number to gain a fraction... its something simple.. on the tip of my tongue, got to go get dog food.. be back soon hopefully I'll have it though through by then.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I am an idiot, nevermind, its fixed, simple as heck.
x+angle*speed
y+angle*speed
z+angle*speed

simplified

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Have you taken a look at the project with these changes yet?

kryton9

Just got back home, wow, great job zumwalt, fun driving the tank all over the place. Nice smooth motion and nice camera tracking too.

Thanks for your efforts!!

Ionic Wind Support Team

Been bogged down with work lately, and working in Linux at the moment.  But I have been watching your changes.

Should make a greate demo.
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Thanks, just got home from work myself, going to finish up the inertia add on, then adding a second camera angle, solid behind the tank following it around, also adding in an adapted information display that will be static to the tank itself (rather above the tank but always facing the camera)
I'll post another update later tonight with those two changes, the information block will have a dummy image on it for now.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Let say I want to display Ascii, what is the command this editor takes to take a hex of like 0x201 or C9 and display its ascii image?

Ionic Wind Support Team

hex$ or NumToHex will work.
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Thanks Paul, going to use that ALOT tonight :)

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Not the result I want, Hex$(201) is supposed to give me the double left corner elbow ascii character, Instead it gives me C9.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Your talking about the old dos character set.  Not used in Windows much these days.

Set you font to Terminal and use the OEM characterset.   
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

How do I set the font to terminal?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Depends on what your using.  For a 3D screen their isn't a way to change the font in Rev 7, but there is in Rev 8 which I am working on now.   For any other window just use the SetFont method.

Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Its for 3D. I want to set the font and use "\xC9" using Terminal for that s.Rendertext only. Basically I want to be able to use multiple fonts, and choose the font used on each render line.

I will hold off on further development until the next release then, gives me a reason to get out of the house today.