May 05, 2024, 01:35:59 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

New user muses

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), January 03, 2006, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I discovered ibasic last month and in following post discovered Aruora.
I am still waiting for the ibasic to be delivered and still have not been granted
access to that board. Guess the driving force there is gone.
I have a major project that I will attempt with Aruora.
It will be a system administrators system/user tracking system.
I have a working version written in Progress 4gl - intend to use the ODBC interface
when it is ready to do the db side.
I will most likely ask lots of questions.

Larry Sikes
Rock Ridge Farm
http://rockridgefarm.com
mailto:larry@rockridgefarm.com

Bruce Peaslee

Welcome aboard! We love questions!

Hey, I enjoyed the tractors - I'm originally from Iowa and had my own rideable John Deere toy tractor as a kid.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Ionic Wind Support Team

Questions are always welcome, as are you ;)

It can be daunting at first trying out a new language, especially one in the alpha stage with minimal documentation and examples, but we are all here to help.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

ThadMiller

Quote from: Rock Ridge Farm on January 03, 2006, 05:50:46 PM
I am still waiting for the ibasic to be delivered and still have not been granted
access to that board. Guess the driving force there is gone.

I guess it goes without saying that this is really sad.  IB is a good language... I hope it won't share the same future as the Amiga did (it's amazing how poor management can destroy a great system/product).  Luckily the driving force of IB has been resurrected in Aurora... if only my favorite computer could have done the same.

Of course every individual/company has pros and cons, but the one thing I doubt you'll ever hear is that Paul didn't respond.  Owner, Programmer, and Help Support... not to mention a family and full time job... I don't know how he does it (and BTW Paul, I still question your sanity  ;)), but he does it quite well.

-Thad

Ionic Wind Support Team

My only regret is I only have one life to give to programming.  Imagine what I could do with two ;)

Today was a really busy day for my outside job so my apologies if it took me more than 30 minutes to answer.  Ended up being called in at 7pm tonight for a broken POS terminal, then had to take the wife grocery shopping.   Really cuts into programming time.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Paul's response to my emails on the other list is the reason I decided to buy.
I still have not heard anything over there since mid Dec.
Customer service is a big deal to me.