May 03, 2024, 03:47:41 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

[IDE] New request

Started by Doc, February 17, 2006, 08:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

Sometime in the not too distant future when there are much less important design issues to think about, can we add the ability to select/open multiple source files (not a project) instead of each individually.

No urgency of any sort, just a nice option for the IDE, in my always humble opinion.  :D

-Doc-

LarryMc

A pulldown window with a list of all the methods/subroutines in the code would be nice; like in that 'other' lang.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Parker

I think that may be in the class browser when it is created ( near the end of betas ), but we'll have to see how Paul wants to do that.

kryton9

Something probably very easy to do and would be of use, in the compiling results window at the bottom, to reverse the order of output. That is to put the error and line number at the beginning of the output message and where the file is at the end.

So it would be

line number,error description, filename and then where the file is located.

Ionic Wind Support Team

It's in that order for a reason.  Just double click to bring up the offending file and line.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

The problem with listing the filename last is it's harder to extract that way. The way it is, you can first look for "File: ", then read the filename up to the "(n" where n is a number, and extract the line number from what's inside the parenthesis. Some compilers like gcc take it a step further, which is easier to extract but not as pretty looking. error: somefile.c: 9: identifier `stuff' was undeclared this use (or whatever it says).

Kale

July 31, 2006, 01:39:12 PM #6 Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:42:06 PM by Kale
Another cool feature (imho) would be to specify a directory to hold all of the '.o', '.map', .opts files instead of being placed in the same dir as the exe. This would be quick and useful to compile directly to distributable folders, and not have to worry about clearing it all out before shipping a release.

EDIT: also a close source button on the toolbar. ;D

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I'll stick with the simple request of a type-ahead lookup :)
mymethod.[show list]
InternalMethod.[show list]

ok, not so simple :)
no rush on that at all, seriously, put that on like a year from now list

Zen

The Scintilla control that Aurora uses already has the abillity to do the lookahead (Intelisense) built into the control. All it needs to do is for Paul to hook up the code to use it. Im guessing that has not yet been done bacause we are still in Alpha and the Syntax and classes, althought prety complete are not yet 100% set in stone.

Lewis

Parker

Private and public are needed, as well as method overloading, and then I think it will be complete.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Your forgetting about Internal.

Parker

??? What is internal? Is it like static?

Zen

Yes Internal is the same, or very similar to Static

Lewis

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Internal is public without being public to com.
Its public to the project itself, but private to com.

Steven Picard

Paul, can you add the mind reader extension to the IDE?  I'm looking for something that would read my mind and automatically program it for me.  :P

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Yup - that is the one I want and it needs to understand how to correct my misconceptions.

Zen

Well, i have to say, If you could make it, there would be a lot of money in it for you Paul. Hey its worth a try ;)

Lewis