May 11, 2024, 08:22:30 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Drawing & Printing in a Dialog

Started by Jim Scott, March 28, 2007, 05:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Scott

Maybe this is a lame question.  I seem to be having trouble drawing lines, placing graphics and printing text in dialog window.  Is there some limitation of dialogs, or some SendMessage() command that I need to issue to do these things in a dialog?  I have no trouble in a regular window doing all of the above, but when I take the same code and rewrite for a dialog, the stuff doesn't appear, no errors or anything.

Jim Scott
Jim Scott

Ionic Wind Support Team

Dialogs are not double buffered like standard Emergence windows are.  so you have two choices, draw in response to @IDPAINT, or use a regular captionless window as a child of the dialog for a drawing surface.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Jim Scott

Is it possible to dock the captionless window child to the dialog itself?  So that it appears to be part of the dialog?  Kind of like a RichEdit control for text, pictures and lines?
Jim Scott

Ionic Wind Support Team

That's why I said a 'captionless' child window.  Without a caption the window will follow the dialog itself.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Jim Scott

ok, I'll give that a try.  Now on the Redraw on @IDPaint Message.  Still not sure how I refresh the Client area of the Dialog.

Thanks
Jim Scott

Jim Scott

The child window method works just fine, Thanks Paul.

Jim Scott
Jim Scott