May 15, 2024, 07:11:56 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

EAN13 bar codes

Started by TonyMUK, August 12, 2009, 07:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyMUK

I was looking for a program to generate EAN13 bar codes and couldn't find one for free so I wrote one. Here it is.
Check out www.arnoldchiari.co.uk. If you don't know what Arnold Chiari is you are very lucky.

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

TonyMUK

No problem. This is the newest version. It now only allows 12 numbers to be entered and calculates the check digit for you.
Check out www.arnoldchiari.co.uk. If you don't know what Arnold Chiari is you are very lucky.

JoaoAfonso

good evening
i've tried your program, but my bar code scanner does not recognize the code... i've printed other ean13 bar code I got from google and worked, so i assume there's nothing working wrong with printer or paper. any suggestion?
thanks in advance.
JoÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,£o Afonso
Viriato
-----------------
Iberia MUD
www.iberiamud.com
iberiamud.com:5900

Ficko

Hi Joao!

Sometimes you need to put stars "*1234*" before and after the code to be readable.

I don't know this is the case here but may try it.

TonyMUK

Have you compared the bars between one you have got from Google and one generated by my program? I've never had a problem with it. It may be that your scanner is not set up correctly or it may be that there is a different coding of EAN13 that I have not used. I did play about with other types of bar code but the encoding for some of them is rather complex. Let me know if the bar codes don't match and if possible post a copy of both the google bar code and the one from my program so I can have a look at the difference.

JoaoAfonso

Here are both pictures, one got from your program in EB, other the one got in google.
The bars are not equal in both pictures, but I haven't spent enough time trying to figure out how to fix (don't know if its a problem of width of bars, or something else...).
Thanks
JoÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,£o Afonso
Viriato
-----------------
Iberia MUD
www.iberiamud.com

JoaoAfonso

By the way, didn't thought it could work, but it really works: I've used my barcode scanner on my computer monitor, pointing to the gif files I've attached in my last post, and in some angles it can read correctly :) (the code got from google, and not the one made in EB :P)
JoÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,£o Afonso
Viriato
-----------------
Iberia MUD
www.iberiamud.com

TonyMUK

Try this version of the program. It seems to match the Google version. Not sure why they are different. I don't remember changing the encoding at any point but I suppose I must have. Thanks for pointing it out

JoaoAfonso

Can share the source?
Thanks
JoÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,£o Afonso
Viriato
-----------------
Iberia MUD
www.iberiamud.com

JoaoAfonso

And yes, testing in monitor, it reads it. Just need to be assure and print on paper.
Anyway, they are indeed different (the google one and the one from your first version).
Thanks
JoÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,£o Afonso
Viriato
-----------------
Iberia MUD
www.iberiamud.com

TonyMUK

No problem. Here you go.

JoaoAfonso

Wonderful! And works like a charm, scanning from monitor and paper :)
Thank you once again
JoÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,£o Afonso
Viriato
-----------------
Iberia MUD
www.iberiamud.com

TonyMUK