May 08, 2024, 02:02:55 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

iLife

Started by WayneA, December 20, 2008, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneA

I've written at least 10 different versions of Conway's Game of Life, so far this is my best one.

<source attached, pasting it ruins formatting>
99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug,
Compile again,
104 little bugs in the code...

All code I post is in the public domain.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Wayne,
Use code blocks when posting code....

[ code ]
this is code
[ /code ]

Remove the spaces and it looks like:

this is code

Which retains formatting and gives a scrollable window.
Ionic Wind Support Team

yujinwunz

jees, all turley cares about on that one was how things were layed out (though he's very right)

its a very efficient way of processing conway, except how do you start it?

Ionic Wind Support Team

I'll cut you some slack, since I have kids older than you, in fact all of them are older.  ;) 

I care about everything here, as it is my site and languages and he was having trouble posting code directly, which I why I informed him how to do it.

Paul Turley
Ionic Wind Sofware
Ionic Wind Support Team

yujinwunz

it is difficult to tell when someone is scoulding or suggesting nicely on the internet, words only make up 7 % of communication. after reading what i typed myself i was a bit shocked, what i typed had a very different meaning to what i meant.

sorry if i offended you

yujinwunz

how did i get negative three karma?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Someone smited you, it's next to your profile picture. 
Ionic Wind Support Team

WayneA

Quote from: yujinwunz on December 23, 2008, 01:53:03 AM
jees, all turley cares about on that one was how things were layed out (though he's very right)

its a very efficient way of processing conway, except how do you start it?

I think you'll find in most of my applications - there are numerous undocumented keyboard shortcuts that are essential to make it run. :)

the letter R and 1 does 1 generation then prints.
2 does 2 generations then prints,
3 does 3 generations then prints,
And so on until you get to 9.

Also, as a bonus feature 0 does 0 generations then prints. I think that my implementation of this feature is brilliant  :D
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug,
Compile again,

yujinwunz

thats funny, because ive tried every single key except the numbers. even F1-F12. probably wasnt paying attention when i did the R. :-[

im trying to build a simulated brain with neurons, but ill have to work out how neurons interact. cant find any solid reserch yet on the internet, the teachers wouldnt tell me because they want me to do the subject for electives and then find out. :( it wont go very far.

WayneA

Quote from: yujinwunz on December 24, 2008, 06:04:33 PM
thats funny, because ive tried every single key except the numbers. even F1-F12. probably wasnt paying attention when i did the R. :-[

im trying to build a simulated brain with neurons, but ill have to work out how neurons interact. cant find any solid reserch yet on the internet, the teachers wouldnt tell me because they want me to do the subject for electives and then find out. :( it wont go very far.

That sounds interesting. Is it supposed to be a visual simulation similar to iLife or is it related to AI?
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug,
Compile again,

yujinwunz

probably an ai one. if its efficient enough, im hoping it will eventually be capable of doing my coding. not very likely, i have 100 billion neurons and having trouble myself, but yet again my brain probably needs to do a million more stuff than just coding.

if i can teach it to talk while i give it visual stimulation that would be very good. again, i have no experience in neuron things so i might be pushing my expectations a little too far.

but techmail, where should i start reading anyway?

yujinwunz

Quote from: techmail on December 26, 2008, 01:40:21 AM
Quote from: yujinwunz on December 24, 2008, 06:04:33 PM
I'm surprised you don't find much information. I suspect you just have poor search skills.

wait, i did but most of it you had to subscribe or buy at very high prices. my project isnt going to be a very serious one, you know. looks like nasa or some tech company is going to build a computer chip that mimics neoron behavior. im not going to finish my rig in time for that.