May 05, 2024, 11:14:29 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Statusbar Hidden

Started by jerryclement, May 18, 2007, 06:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryclement

Hello,
I need some newbie help. I attached a program that started out from the EB demo editor.eba. I added a bunch of buttons, resized the RichEdit control, and added a statusbar from the demo statusbar.eba.  This is where I ran in trouble.  The statusbar is there, but you have to drag the bottom of the window to see it??  I have tried for over an hour changing all window sizes with no luck. If someone could help me locate the problem, I'd sure appreciate your help.

Jerry
Jerry - Newbie from TN

LarryMc

When you ad a "BEGINMENU" block to your window it automatically pushes everything on the screen down but doesn't increase the window size.
So your status bar is getting pushed lower.

The solution is to move the "BEGINMENU" block to BEFORE you create the STATUS control and everything gets taken care of.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

jerryclement

;D  WOW!  Thanks a lot Larry for the help, it fixed the problem!
It makes sense NOW that you pointed the sequence out.  I learn a lot by browsing here and reading the posts.

Thanks again,  Jerry
Jerry - Newbie from TN