May 05, 2024, 08:55:30 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Barcode

Started by splakidas, May 10, 2007, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splakidas

Does any one knows how to print barcode that is readable with a barcode reader ?  ???

Marco Lohnen

The easiest way is to use Truetype barcode fonts. You can find several free fonts on the web with Google.
If you need a barcode you can just print the data with the necessary barcode font (39, EAN, 128?).

I attached a free version of 3of9 barcode font.

John Syl.

May 11, 2007, 02:53:22 AM #2 Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:01:11 AM by John Syl. (puddytat)
Not sure if you CAN print, but can't read or you CAN'T print, but I use label magic.   Now this may seem a bit odd, but when I print barcodes (using a label magic), I find if I use the best quality on my inkjet, the reader has a poblem trying to decipher the barcode, using draft mode, it never fails!! This will of course depend on printer ink and paper, but that's what works for me.

If I want to use in an app either I preprint the the barcode on a form or as suggested above, use the free barcode font. 

Preprinting  may sound a bit of a mess around, but sometimes you require different barcodes and paying for ALL the required barcodes is a whole lot of expense, when for a small outlay I can preprint lots of different barcodes on a form. 

If you are reading the barcode direct from the screen then font it has to be , unless you code it yourself...now there's a challenge. 
Intel 3.6 p4 ht, XP home,2 gb mem, 400 gb hd 20gb raid 0, Nvidia 6600le.
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 
IBasic (std & pro), Aurora, EBasic.  (Master of none, but it's been fun!)

GJ

Quote from: Marco Lohnen on May 10, 2007, 10:20:36 PM
The easiest way is to use Truetype barcode fonts. You can find several free fonts on the web with Google.
If you need a barcode you can just print the data with the necessary barcode font (39, EAN, 128?).

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=711 has a nice selection of them...  ;)

GJ

Brian

Hi,

BlankReg had a working example on the IB Pro site - I'll see if I can
fish it out when I get home tonight

Brian

Brian

Well, I found the barcode example, it was in IBasic (not Pro), so I've converted
it to Ebasic

It wouldn't let me upload an *.eba file, so I've saved it as barcode.txt

Brian

splakidas