May 02, 2024, 09:48:43 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Sneak Peek: 3Impact command pak

Started by ZeroDog, February 16, 2010, 07:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroDog

3impact engine homepage

3Impact Command Pak
This is something that I have been working on for the last little while. Its still in the construction stages, but, ive managed to get enough of it working to put together a sneak peak.

There are still some conversion errors and some bugs.
I haven't converted any of the "createfrommemory" functions yet.
Using any of the shader functions cause linking errors.
The help file is nowhere near complete yet.

The samples can be compiled as either window or console programs.

I have to find a nice install program to use when it gets officially released, but for now, here are the files:

3Impact Pak - Sneak Peek.zip
This contains the following files:
3Impact Ref.chm  - Put in your EBDev\Help folder
3Impact.incc     - Put in your EBDev\Bin folder
EB3Impact.lib    - Put in your EBDev\Lib folder
dll3impact.lib   - Put in your EBDev\Lib folder
dll3impact.dll   - This is the 3Impace engine DLL.  Put this with your source code / .exe
                   For example, put it in the folder containing the samples from the
                   3Impact Samples.zip

3Impact Samples.zip
alpha texture.eba, ball game.eba, basic sprite.eba, breakable ragdoll.eba, bump map.eba, bumped enviroment dynamic map.eba, enviroment dynamic map.eba, enviroment map.eba, glass.eba, joint.eba, mouse cursor.eba, multitexture mesh.eba, particle.eba, particles dust.eba, simplecar.eba, simultaneous views.eba, skinned ragdol.eba, sound effect.eba, sound music.eba, text strings.eba, texture animation.eba, tinted glass.eba, true mirror.eba
- These are some of the samples distributed with the 3impace SDK, converted to EBasic source code.

basicsprite_res  - directory of resources used by the samples
default_res      - directory of resources used by the samples
simplecar_res    - directory of resources used by the samples

Please feel free to post any comments, suggestions, ideas, bugs, bug fixes, additions, improvements, ideas, sample converstions or anything else you like :)

Guilect

Hi ZeroDog,

thanks for the work on converting this to EBASIC.
I have only had a few minutes to play around with it but it looks like 3Impact will be fun to play with.

Thanks.

sapero

February 17, 2010, 06:29:11 AM #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:33:51 AM by sapero
Hi ZeroDog, I have some improvement:

In the SDK you can find a dll with stdcall calling convention: \3ImpactWork\dlls3impact.dll. It will require more work with the include file (aliasing all functions), but ebasic generated code will be a bit smaller and faster.

pistol350

Cheers!
Really great job!
i'm having fun with the samples :)
Regards,

Peter B.

ZeroDog

I dont really know the differences between cdecl and stdcall, I was just working from the 3impact references.   How much smaller could the binaries be tho?  For example, if you compile the Alpha_Texture.eba sample as a windows program, it will be about 17k, and if you compile it as a console program, it will be about 11k. 

Perhaps I will give it a shot, see what happens.   Perhaps it will fix some of the problems, such as the link errors when using the shader functions.

Thanks for the heads up =)