May 12, 2024, 02:45:00 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

WebBrowser Control

Started by DennisL, August 28, 2009, 02:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisL

Hi Paul (or any other helpful souls),

Just wanted to find info and possibly suggest/request improvements to the WebBrowser control available to EBASIC through the ATTACHBROWSER command.

First, clarification requested: it mentions in the docs that it requires IE4.0 or higher, so I assume it will utilise the latest library (i.e. ieframe.dll for IE7.0) if available - could you please confirm this?

Next, and assuming that the above is true: it does not seem to include the more useful commands that should be available from this control/library, with only the bare bones required to navigate webpages.  Are the other commands (e.g. to get and set values, and to execute Click events, etc) possible to achieve with the control as is?

If not, could you please update and expand this control so that it's "with the times", and has such functionality.  I really need to make use of all the functionality available through the IE7.0 (at least) DOM.

Cheers, DennisL.

psevet

DennisL

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for responding.

That's close, but no cigar. If I read it right, the interesting part (as it relates to what I'm looking for) goes only as far as getting the HTML page source.

I have also tried a search of these forums, and have found a number of other threads that also look interesting, with the 2 below being the closest to what I'm after (second link the closest) with sapero's awesome examples:

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2948.0.html
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,3232.0.html

especially the second, where he mentions:
QuoteOptional mshtml.inc allows you to iterate though document, window, forms, buttons, options... elements, directly execute methods and set properties, but it requires much more code.
and gives an example of retrieving a property of the document.

I was hoping that there would be easier means of having such functionality, best case would be if the EBASIC webbrowser control was updated to include extended commands, events, etc.  otherwise, the next best solutions would either be a full include file with these, or an external library.

My mind just can't even wrap around the code that sapero utilised, :( let alone trying to extend this to have the extra functionality apparently available through the mshtml.inc file he mentioned.

If anyone has done this already and is willing to share then that would really make my day  :D  ;)

Anyhow, have a good one!  DennisL.

ZeroDog

dont forget you can access all of the functions in the IEframe.DLL directly using API calls etc.  You dont always have to rely on what is included in the language itself.