May 11, 2024, 09:41:13 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Need help - willing to pay

Started by Dennisc, June 16, 2009, 12:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennisc

Hi
I am trying to use drag and drop and have followed various threads on the forum as well as tried to decipher the EB example given (dragdrop_example1.eba). As an old Fortran, Cobol, and QBasic guy who just uses good old-fashioned code, I must admit that drag and drop confuses me. I am busy developing a version 2 of my training simulator and wish to make use of drag and drop to get the user to select answers etc. Here is what I need:

Imagine a window with 6 jpegs displayed at the top and 6 rectangles at the bottom. You need to select a jpeg, drag it and drop it into one of the rectangles. This is repeated until all 6 the rectangles are filled. Once all 6 rectangles are filled, you need to be able to check to see if the right jpegs have been dropped into the right rectangles. Display a message to announce the result of the check.

I am willing to make a donation of US$25 to EBasic or to whoever supplies the easiest to understand and use example with lots of comments. The example can then be distributed to all as part of the EB examples. I will be the judge of which is the easiest to understand and use or, we can ask the forum to vote.

I know it is not a lot of money but would really appreciate a response. The objective is to have some fun and help EB and all users at the same time.  :) :)

Kind Regards
Dennis
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
www.denniscomninos.com

Ionic Wind Support Team

Dennis,
If no one takes you up on your offer I can show you how.  Basically you have to register the window as a drop target, and start the drag in the same window based on the mouse moving in the jpeg rectangle with the mouse button down.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Allan

Dennis, before Drag and Drop were in EBasic I had made a small sample which may be some use.

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2699.msg22861.html#msg22861

Allan

Dennisc

Thanks for the help Paul and Allan - will expiriment a bit more.

Are there any other takers?

Regards
Dennis
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
www.denniscomninos.com