May 10, 2024, 11:32:39 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Usage of Windows Common Controls

Started by vwchest, May 12, 2009, 06:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwchest

Im an ex-programmer for 12 years so forgive me not spending enough time researching this:

I want to use two windows common controls namely:

ToolTips Control - "tooltips_class32"
UpDown Control - "msctls_updown32"

I know this involves include files but can anyone explain in simpler terms than MS how to create these two and the exact command usage.
I dont know squat about tooltips other than i want that popup functionality.
I know I want the UpDown control to have limits set and an initial value, and what are the absolute limits? Im hoping for up to 99999.
Are there other controls available (in addition to those found in the Control Creation Help File topic)?

LarryMc

Start by looking at the Control Pak Guide Help file that comes with EBasic.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

vwchest

Thanks Larry. I see UpDown is referred to as a Spinner, i'll take it from there.

BTW is just purchased your Custom Button Designer program and look forward to using it.

LarryMc

Thanks

I;ve already got some ideas for the next update after I get through with the next version of the chart designer.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library