May 18, 2024, 12:52:13 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

GetMessage

Started by JR, April 18, 2006, 02:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Can we use GetMessage, IsDialogMessage, TranslateMessage, DispatchMessage with Aurora?

while(GetMessage(&Msg, NULL, 0, 0) > 0)
{
    TranslateMessage(&Msg);
    DispatchMessage(&Msg);
}

I'm asking this question because I plan to use ATL.DLL as an ActiveX container and with some controls I need to forward the message to the control and check if it has been processed or not.

If we can't use it, is there a workaround?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yes.

WAIT is the internal message loop which does basically the same thing.  A little more complex though ;)

WAIT handles translating accelerators, processing the TAB key for windows when the EnableTabs method is used, etc.   You could also just modify the source to WAIT and make your own custom one.  It's in the source archive ($20).

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

John S

Paul,
quick (possibly dumb) question regarding API calls ... is Aurora making calls to Win32 API or MFC? 
(I'm barely functioning due late nights doing homework)

John
John Siino, Advanced Engineering Services and Software

Mike Stefanik

It's calling the API. In the end, MFC is doing the same thing as well. The Microsoft Foundation Classes are essentially a wrapper around the various Windows API subsystems.
Mike Stefanik
www.catalyst.com
Catalyst Development Corporation

Ionic Wind Support Team

Aurora doesn't use MFC at all.  It has it's own class libraries.

Ionic Wind Support Team

JR

Quote from: Ionic Wizard on April 18, 2006, 08:33:36 AM
Yes.

WAIT is the internal message loop which does basically the same thing.  A little more complex though ;)

WAIT handles translating accelerators, processing the TAB key for windows when the EnableTabs method is used, etc.   You could also just modify the source to WAIT and make your own custom one.  It's in the source archive ($20).

Paul.
Ok. I have just ordered the compiler and the source code and made the payment by PayPal. However, it would be nice if you'll add PreTranslateMessage.

Parker

I have to agree there. PreTranslateMessage would be very useful.