May 04, 2024, 04:04:17 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

oh @&#* 06-18-2012

Started by LarryMc, June 18, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I've been making the new IDE's project file (*.iwp) match the IWB2 *.iwp file structure and contents.
I've also been trying to make everything so that there is no real destinction between .eba and .iwb files as well as .ebp and .iwp files.

I was working on the code to compile a single file in a project (with no linking)
I ran in to a little bit of a problem sorting out the code for paths.

The current IDE doesn't store path names unless the source file is in a different folder than the project file itself.
So I had been using a test to simply check to see if there is a path, and if not, use the project path.
I was using this check when I loaded projects and saved the individual files.  Worked fine.

I have been thinking that since I had coded in that adjustment when opening project files that everything was fine.

Well, I was wrong.  The compile process works directly off the project file itself and not off any code I have 'adjusted'.

So, I've got to go back through all my compile/link code to to make sure I put that adjustment in there in the proper places.

Also, seems like I had already run into this but my memory is on the blink:
In the project code for the current IDE paths are only stored if they are different than the iwp file location(as stated above)
In EBasic ebp files the paths were always stored regardless of location.

The real impact that this is going to have is on the save and save as functions when a ebp project is open.
Also on the code needed when a project is moved to a new folder and path adjustments have to be made.

And I will need to make it so that projects created in the new IDE (32bit) and then shared with someone who only has the current IDE can compile and run without any problems.

It seems like I meet myself coming and going with this code sometimes. :-\
The other day I passed myself and gave myself the finger. :o
I haven't spoke to myself since! ::)

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library