May 04, 2024, 07:35:06 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Clipboard Use

Started by tbohon, January 12, 2007, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbohon

I'm trying to do something that I thought was fairly simple but have begun running around in circles so thought I'd ask and save additional pain.

I have a window with two Rich Edit boxes and two buttons - one to copy RichEdit1's contents to the clipboard and the other to put the clipboard contents into RichEdit2.  Sounds simple, right?

Not having worked with the Clipboard in EBasic, I used the sample program that came with the installation and tried to adapt the processes.  I've failed miserably.

Does anyone have a simple, clear example of the process I'm trying to work through that will (hopefully) show me where I'm going awry?

Thanks in advance as always.

Tom
"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself ... the dreams will come to you."  -- Randy Pausch, PhD (1961-2008)

Ionic Wind Support Team

The RichEdit control already knows how to use the clipboard.  So I would think all you need to do is call

'select all text and copy to clipboard
CONTROLCMD win, RE1, @RTSETSELECTION, 0, -1
CONTROLCMD win, RE1, @RTCOPY
'paste into second re control
CONTROLCMD win, RE2, @RTPASTE

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

tbohon

:-[ I think I'm going to be ill ... I've read the online documentation until I can almost recite parts from memory but missed that part entirely.

Can I just blame it on my recent 60th birthday and let it go???  ;D

Thanks, Paul ... as always, you've thought of the most common actions and provided for them.

Excuse me ... time to go take my pre-nap nap now ...

Tom
"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself ... the dreams will come to you."  -- Randy Pausch, PhD (1961-2008)

Ionic Wind Support Team

That's what I am here for, at least that is what they tell me ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

It seems that there are quite a few of us 60ish people here.

mrainey

I'll be there this coming August.  I'm already getting the seniors discount at the local supermarket (supposed to be 60 to get it, the clerk says I'm close enough   :) )

I look kind of nasty, but still feel like a kid.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

LarryMc

I've been in the group for 2 years and because I'm on disability I've been getting Medicare for 3+ years already.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Jerry Muelver

I get to sign up for Medicare this September. I hope Beyonce Knowles doesn't hear about it. I haven't told her, yet.

barry

Quote from: Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) on January 14, 2007, 05:18:17 AM
It seems that there are quite a few of us 60ish people here.

I'm 66 now.  I've been retired a little over a decade and I'm loving it.

Barry

LarryMc

I HAD to retire 6 years ago because of my heart.  But even with my limitations there is nothing better than retirement!!!
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

tbohon

Quote from: mrainey on January 14, 2007, 06:17:34 AM
I look kind of nasty, but still feel like a kid.

My problem exactly - mentally I'm still late-30s/early-40s, physically (some days lately) I'm close to 120.  If I can only get it to average out somewhere life will be great!!!

Those of you who are retired - I'm envious.  After the end of my first marriage - at the 29 year 11 month point (her choice) - the chances of my ever getting to retire are somewhere between zero and negative infinity.  I started all over saving for retirement at the young age of 50 ...  :-\  My goal now is to be shot by a jealous husband on my 94th birthday while climbing over his back fence ... and my wife says she'll reload for the old codger if he misses ... ;D

Life is good and I still love my job each and every day so I guess my chronological age really doesn't matter, huh?

Tom

Bruce Peaslee

I worked for the government for over thirty (30) years and every month they took a chunk out of my check for retirement. Then one day I saw an analyst at the Retirement Board who told me that, should I retire, my take home pay from retirement would be about the same as my take home pay from work. The following Monday I called my supervisor and gave her five (5) minutes notice.   ;D

Bliss.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Brian

Well, I'm fast approaching that 60 mark . . .

Out of work at the moment - I was made redundant after 44 years at the same place. My last
18 years was in IT, so I'm looking for something in that line, although I'll try anything, really

Brian

Jerry Muelver

You old farts really know how to hijack a thread, don't you?!  ::)

Barney

They had enough time to perfect their hijacking techniques, didn't they? ;)

Old fart apprentice
Barney

LarryMc

Jerry

C-r-o-a-k-k-k-k-k-k-k!!!!!!! ;D
LarryMc

Brian

Hey, Jerry - not so much of the old!

Brian

Bruce Peaslee

Quote from: Jerry Muelver on January 15, 2007, 04:56:04 AM
You old farts really know how to hijack a thread, don't you?!  ::)

Experience has to be good for something!   ;)
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Yup - it gives you the ability to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Rod

Age, experience and treachery beat youth and book-learnin', any day of the week!    :D