May 03, 2024, 11:36:16 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Browsing local folders?

Started by fasecero, October 07, 2009, 09:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasecero

The embedded browser control can display internet pages as well as local folders.
It's a good idea to use the control to navigate trought the pc? And if so, could we change the default behavior of a double click?
When double clicking a folder, the folder is opened in a separate window, and would be good
if it can be opened inside the control. Is posible?

ZeroDog

I believe that "open in a new window" is a OS setting.  open a folder, select TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS and its under the GENERAL tab.

fasecero

Thx ZeroDog, I have already set that. When I double click a folder using the default explorer (explorer.exe) the folder is opened in the same window. But in the Browser control the behavior is different, the folder is opened in another window.

ZeroDog

It has to be your operating system that is making it function that way....  Im on windows xp right now....
The following code opens the folders in the browser control on my system:

def win:window
Openwindow win,0,0,300,400,@caption,0,"folder test",&winproc
AttachBrowser(win,"c:\\")

run=1
waituntil run=0
closewindow win
end

sub winproc
select @class
case @idclosewindow
run=0
endselect
return
endsub

fasecero

Perhaps I expressed myself badly :).
Your code opens the folders inside the browser control on my system too.
I'm refering when I make a double click on any opened folder in the browser (in your opened browser, for example, "Program Files"), the content of "Program Files" is opened in the default explorer instead of the browser itself.

ZeroDog

Im not sure im following you here.... Okay, here is what im doing on my system... 

I run the code... it opens up the root directory in the browser control... i click on 'Program Files'... the folder opens up in the browser control... I click on EBDev, and it opens in the browser control... On my system, everything is contained within the browser control, unless I click on a file, in which case it opens the file with the associated program...

Is this what you are hoping for on your system?

fasecero

i click on 'Program Files'... the folder opens up in the browser control...

... Is this what you are hoping for on your system?

Yes.
Now I see it's something that happen on my system only. I think I can find more easily a solution now. Thanks for the help.