May 21, 2024, 06:29:31 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

how can i get the directory contents on a web server?

Started by chris, August 29, 2008, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

is there an easy way to get the contents of a remote directory? i know that i can get a file off of a sever (code found here in case you’re interested http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2581.0.html) and I’m wondering if there something like that for the directories? i tried looking at msdn and i think i found something that could do it however just about everything there goes way over my head not to mention i don't have the first clue how to make it work in EBasic once again any help would be most appreciated

Allan

Hi Chris

I made an FTP program about 4 years ago in IB Std.

Look at screen shot and if that is what you are looking for I can send the code.

Allan

chris

looks like it tho i plan on usesing it in a console program but i'd love the code all the same

Allan

I have removed some data from SETTINGS so that my connect details are not in the zip.

That would have to be set up with your own FTP details for your site.

The code could be taken and used in CONSOLE.

Zip attached.

Allan

chris

ah cool now one last qustion is there anyway to get the information about the directorys if the server is not set up for ftp?

Allan

Hi Chris

I only know of the FTP way.

No doubt it can be done. I remember an app that someone made that searched the web for files with a link content and listed the files found. That was in IB Pro. I would have that in my folders bu tnot sure if that is what you would use.

Coding Monkeys have guys there that deal with HTML a lot and may have an answer for you.

chris