May 04, 2024, 03:03:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Progress on the linux version

Started by Parker, January 05, 2006, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parker

I was just wondering how things are going on the linux version, since we haven't had a chance to test it. Are we just waiting for an IDE, are the libraries coming along like the windows ones? Are the parser and linker working?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Parser, assembler and linker all follow along with the Windows updates. Still working on the IDE and command libraries, when the urge hits me that is.

The plan is to get the windows version into beta as soon as possible so I can spend more quality time on the linux side without jumping back and forth and going batty.  The linux IDE uses the same scintilla version for the editor, which keeps everything looking the same between OS's.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

what will be the cost for the Linux version?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Outstanding - nice to find a place where you do not get nickel dimed to death.

Parker

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Zen

Wow the excitment just keeps building up. Never programmed on linux before but im sure this will be a great excuse to start.

Lewis

Zen

The IDE for the linux version. Is it going to be like what the new Windows IDE will be like or will it have a totaly new design?

Lewis

Parker

Paul had said before that they would be completely different, but I'm not sure how different. I'm sure it will be similar in terms of how everything is managed though, but I may be wrong.