May 03, 2024, 11:14:25 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Minor IDE glitch

Started by LarryMc, October 30, 2007, 05:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

The following lineREMOVEDIR getstartpath+"tmp376_z"is colored green (as a REM statement).

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

I'm always nervous about those sort of commands .. something very final and abrupt about them. ::)

In this case though, it won't delete a directory if there's anything in it ..  :) - although I haven't tried it ..

Stems from my early DOS days when I didn't notice I'd changed to C:\ and I typed DEL *.* ..  :o
Oh well, we learn by our mistakes. :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

mrainey

It makes me smile to think that's just about the most serious unresolved bug we've got to worry about right now.   :D
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

LarryMc

Exactly my thoughts Mike.  I only mentioned it because it is so rare and I know it has to be a super easy fix(somewhere down the road) for Paul.
It just suprised me when I came across it.

Larry
LarryMc

Ionic Wind Support Team

It has been fixed for a while now.  What version are you using?
Ionic Wind Support Team

LarryMc

LarryMc

Ionic Wind Support Team

Sorry.  Using 1.597 here, hasn't been released yet to the general population.  Must have fixed it between the two.

Either that or the scintilla DLL didn't get updated during the last build.
Ionic Wind Support Team

mrainey

Actually, I'm using 1.596 (Editor Options unmodified), and REMOVEDIR and getstartpath are colored blue.

LarryMc

Mike,
When you installed 1.596 did you install it as a totally fresh install or did you install it over the previous version (like I do)?

Larry
LarryMc

LarryMc

I just installed 1.596 in a different directory and now the line in issue displays correctly(like Mike describes).

So it appears that when updating on top of an existed installation doesn't work just right as it pertains to what I described.

Larry
LarryMc

LarryMc

Copied SciLexer.dll from the new directory installation over the one in the old directory and now the line in question displays properly in my old install directory.

So the "problem" is that the "install" for ver 1.596 didn't overwrite the existing SciLexer.dll (which happens to appear in explorer withe the same size but different date) in my existing install directory.

Thanks for the help/info Paul/Mike

Larry
LarryMc

mrainey

I normally install over the previous version, but I recently got a new computer and installed fresh.  So, I was seeing blue highlighting with a clean install, just like you.