May 05, 2024, 01:36:17 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Lets get Ionic humming....

Started by tjs, December 11, 2006, 12:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjs

Guys,

To those of you with your own web sites and product written in one of Paul's current languages (Aurora - Emergence Basic), can I suggest that you give credit to this by placing a mention and link to Paul on your site.

I've done this here:

www.midwavi.com/page7.html#IB

If you have a small app (mine is a 34KB EBasic Zip download) written with any of Paul's stuff, I'd be happy to Host it for you giving links to both you and Ionic :)

Cheers.

Terry.
www.midwavi.com The home of MidWavi Pro - Sound~Video~Graphics

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

no worries on my behalf, I have him splattered all over all 3 of my sites, even have 1 site fully dedicated to his works.. and mine

Brice Manuel

Once I get my new site up, I will put a link to EB on there.  I have to admit I like the new logo ;D

erosolmi

Quote from: tjs on December 11, 2006, 12:54:30 PM

Too much links present in one single page, isn't it? Who will note Ebasic or whatvere in this page?
Maybe some reorganization could help.

Regards
Eros

tjs

Quote from: erosolmi on December 11, 2006, 11:48:00 PM

Too much links present in one single page, isn't it? Who will note Ebasic or whatvere in this page?
Maybe some reorganisation could help.

Regards
Eros

Hi Eros,

Perfectly fair comment although, I have to say that the whole site in general is meant to be a bit 'in your face'ÂÃ,  ;D

However, what I didn't mention is that there are also now three links on the main Downloads page that visitors can't help but see if they scroll to the MD5 Checker downloadÂÃ,  ;)

http://www.midwavi.com/downloads.htm#md5

Cheers.

tjs.

Jerry Muelver

Maybe some reorganization could help.

Regards
Eros

Too many links, you think? I only count 217 links on the page, each with its own graphic... Let's get a download speed report from http://www.websiteoptimization.com/
URL:   http://www.midwavi.com/page7.html
Title:   The size of this web page (1007068 bytes) has exceeded the maximum size of 1000000 bytes.
Date:   Report run on Tue Dec 12 05:17:17CST2006

The size of this web page (1007068 bytes) has exceeded the maximum size of 1000000 bytes.
Please try again.
Try again? On a 19.2kbaud link? For a page filled with random links and graphics? I don't think so.  ::)

tjs

Quote from: Jerry Muelver on December 12, 2006, 04:24:53 AM

Maybe some reorganisation could help.

Regards
Eros

Too many links, you think? I only count 217 links on the page, each with its own graphic... Let's get a download speed report from http://www.websiteoptimization.com/
URL:   http://www.midwavi.com/page7.html
Title:   The size of this web page (1007068 bytes) has exceeded the maximum size of 1000000 bytes.
Date:   Report run on Tue Dec 12 05:17:17CST2006

The size of this web page (1007068 bytes) has exceeded the maximum size of 1000000 bytes.
Please try again.
Try again? On a 19.2kbaud link? For a page filled with random links and graphics? I don't think so.ÂÃ,  ::)

Hi Jerry,

I must admit that I seem to have got myself into the mindset that says the world and his dog our nowadays on Broadband.

If you really are still on a 19.2k baud system, I can see that a site such as mine will be utterly off limits to you (I'm used to these pages literally coming down in seconds).

May the Earth revolve a bit and place you within reach of a Broadband providerÂÃ,  ;D

Cheers.

tjs.

erosolmi

tjs,

well, the positive fact is that your page has a lot of useful links to software sites I didn't know  :D
So, thanks for this.

Ciao
Eros

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Why don't we focus on the effort to promote Aurora/Ebasic.
Thanks for the effort TJS.

tjs

December 12, 2006, 10:14:06 AM #9 Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:15:54 AM by tjs
@ Eros: Pleased to hear that you find it usefulÂÃ,  ;D

@ Larry: Couldn't agree moreÂÃ,  ;D

Best regards.

Terry (tjs).

Mike Stefanik

Just a little side note, if you're concerned about ranking on Google (and you may not be, and that's fine) then pages full of links will generally result in your site being penalized by their search engine. Google prioritizes on what they call "natural" links, which are links in the document that point to relevant content. Pages that are primarily links will be lowered in rank and the pages that they link to won't be considered relevant. In other words, it hurts the ranking of that page full of links and does nothing to improve the ranking of the sites that are being linked to. Just an FYI.

By the way, that's also why those "search optimization" companies that promise to add you to their list of links and submit your site everywhere are a waste of time and money, and can actually hurt your overall ranking. In some cases, they can actually get you delisted (for example, creating "doorway" pages is a good way to get yourself excommunicated from Google).
Mike Stefanik
www.catalyst.com
Catalyst Development Corporation

Steven Picard

Mike, this is what I have read and heard, as well.

tjs

December 12, 2006, 04:36:17 PM #12 Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 04:42:27 PM by tjs
Quote from: Mike Stefanik on December 12, 2006, 10:18:16 AM
Just a little side note, if you're concerned about ranking on Google (and you may not be, and that's fine) then pages full of links will generally result in your site being penalised by their search engine. Google prioritizes on what they call "natural" links, which are links in the document that point to relevant content. Pages that are primarily links will be lowered in rank and the pages that they link to won't be considered relevant. In other words, it hurts the ranking of that page full of links and does nothing to improve the ranking of the sites that are being linked to. Just an FYI.

By the way, that's also why those "search optimisation" companies that promise to add you to their list of links and submit your site everywhere are a waste of time and money, and can actually hurt your overall ranking. In some cases, they can actually get you delisted (for example, creating "doorway" pages is a good way to get yourself excommunicated from Google).

Hi Mike,

I have to admit that what once started out as 'one or two' sites that gave me awards, landed up on my 'Other Web Sites' page, has now really GROWN (or is that groan)ÂÃ,  ;D

Trouble is, it's incredibly seductive to 'brag' (by way of a link) when you discover an award linkÂÃ,  ;D

The irony is, that I was accepted into the Google Adsense program which itself encourages yet MORE links (I have to say that, in addition to my Xara affiliation, the Google system DOES produce revenue).

By the way, all those countless links are not 'random' as someone has suggested but direct links to our software from 'Other Web Sites'.

Finally, I concede that it's starting to get a bit out of hand (poor old Jerry with his clockwork connection) so I might have to curb myself in future (and keep it down to no more than 700 links)ÂÃ,  ;D

Cheers for now.

Terry (tjs).