May 15, 2024, 11:25:31 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

a few things

Started by fasecero, January 02, 2009, 04:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasecero

I am relatively new here, and navigating for old topics I found many interesting things, here go 3 for EB, maybe someone got lost them

- in the directory help of the program there is a version of the same help file in pdf. 

- you can use code folding by means of   
      'region something
      (code) 
      'endregion

- this is a jewel, if you continually use the Windows Api this program proposed by Larry McCaughn time ago will be of great help. Is called ApiViewer.
      http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2713.0.html

JohnP

January 03, 2009, 04:59:31 AM #1 Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:03:47 AM by JohnP
fasecero,

Many thanks for the tips and reminders.

As a beginner, although I was vaguely aware of code-folding, I had never tried it myself and didn't know how to operate it.
So your email prompted me to investgate.
And it's really useful, thank you. ;D

But the only mention in the EBasic Help file is in the Using the Editor section, which just lists 'CTRL + KEYPAD *' as the means of using code-folding.
It didn't seem to do anything! >:(  What is it supposed to/does it do?  ???  I searched the forum, but again, no clues.

Knowing that the Editor was Scintilla-based, I eventually found the simple instructions on how to operate code-folding on their website.
Having marked the code using the 'region/'endregion identifiers, you just click on the minus sign in the left gutter alongside the code.
I found it also works with sub-routines. ;D

Unless I have missed something, Paul, it might be useful for newbies like me, to add a single sentence to the next version of the Help file on actually how to operate code-folding. ;)

regards
JohnP

Ionic Wind Support Team

Code folding is automatic, SUB/ENDSUB, TYPE/ENDTYPE, etc.

What you are referring to is region folding.

And I usually add all the minor advancements to the docs each major point release.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

JohnP