May 21, 2024, 01:17:20 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

debugging

Started by ExMember001, August 17, 2006, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExMember001

August 17, 2006, 07:06:32 PM Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 08:07:08 PM by krypt
Hi,
is there an easyer way than commenting some lines to debug a program that compile but crash at start
i've verify every api declare, because that was the last thing i had done before the crash occur and it seems all ok, it didnt return any inapropriate call
so it must be ok but its does'nt work just keep crashing

what i need to know is how to use the debug feature properly on this case.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Build a debug executable, the select build->debug->go.

When it crashes the context display window will show you the line it is crashing on.
Ionic Wind Support Team

ExMember001

thanks! found it :)
seems my getsysusername is not working
now i've to found why ...

ExMember001

getusername now working :)
thanx again!!

ExMember001

is a windows type BYTE same in Aurora?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Windows doesn't have 'types'.  If you mean is the C type BYTE the same as Aurora then yes it is.
Ionic Wind Support Team

ExMember001

sorry still learning ;)
yes thats what i mean..

Parker

They're typedefs. BYTE is well, a byte, which is equivalent to C's char type, or Aurora's byte.

Kale

Quote from: Parker on August 17, 2006, 09:57:56 PM
They're typedefs. BYTE is well, a byte, which is equivalent to C's char type, or Aurora's byte.

I did actually notice that when i was coverting all the C types to Aurora that some compilers treat the char type as either signed or unsigned. Some compilers even have switches to determine at compile time how the char type is specified. So an Aurora byte might not necessarily be equal to a C char.

Parker

It's always the same size, just not always the same sign. The ANSI standard doesn't state whether types should default to signed or unsigned, so you can use those two modifiers if you need to be sure. In Aurora everything defaults to signed, so only the unsigned modifier exists.