May 02, 2024, 02:41:30 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

bug with richedit setmargins()?

Started by ExMember001, August 18, 2006, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExMember001

its seems like the right margin doesnt work...
you can see the margin blank but the text doesnt get compacted.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Works in every application I have used it in.  Perhaps you're expecting a different behaviour?   The method just sends the EM_SETMARGINS message to the control, no other processing is done.

Ionic Wind Support Team

ExMember001

August 18, 2006, 02:03:28 PM #2 Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:10:54 PM by krypt
does Ibasic pro was doing the samething? because if i look at my ibasic pro build, the right margin does compact the text.
the left margin work correctly, the text start at the distance specified, but for the right instead of changing line it continue on the same.

i dont have the pro code of this program anymore (lost it in my last hd crash) just got a compiled build, but i dont think i was doing anything else to wrap the words to the next line.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yes.  IBasic Pro just sends the EM_SETMARGINS message.  It's up to the control to process the message.  Perhaps your not using the same style on the control you were before?
Ionic Wind Support Team

ExMember001

humm maybe ..
ill check that out, this didnt came to my mind ;)

ExMember001

do you have any Richedit control styles list done?
because i saw none in the user guide.

For the moment i use the dialog editor to get the styles, ive set all scrolls and want return, but maybe i'm missing somes?

ExMember001

found it...
don't use  Auto Horizontal scroll for this task ;)

Ionic Wind Support Team

;) Yep that would do it.  Auto H  assumes a single line control and won't wrap at the margins.
Ionic Wind Support Team