May 12, 2024, 05:37:15 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Strange Beeps in Listview

Started by Bruce Peaslee, January 14, 2009, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

I have a list view that "beeps" when a single click on a line or move up and down with the arrows. This started to occur when I (unsuccessfully) tried to get message boxes to beep. If I turn off all sounds in via the control panel, I still get a beep, only it is harsh, like the old beeps that used to come from the PC's speaker. There are no "beep"-type instructions in the code.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

yujinwunz

all i know is that if windows tries to make a windows related beep, like an error or an exclamation, and if it cant detect working audio output ( when you turn speakers off in control panel) it will beep the computer buzzer.

cant help any further than that :-\

Bruce Peaslee

I created a second list view and get the same behavior. I even launched a program I wrote a while ago in Aurora and still see this behavior.

It's annoying.   :-\
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Ionic Wind Support Team

How did you try and get message boxes to beep?  Perhaps you changed a system setting that affected list views instead.

I would have *chimed* in sooner, but it's never happened to me ;)

Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Bruce Peaslee

The second option was just what was needed. I made the suggested change to the registry and the problem is gone.

I did make a change in the Control Panel to get my "question" message boxes to beep, but I don't recall anything else.

Thanks a lot.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Ionic Wind Support Team

Glad it was a sound solution  ;D

Found searching Yahoo for "list view beeps", without the quotes. 
Ionic Wind Support Team