May 04, 2024, 02:36:22 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

dialog hex code to constant

Started by Bruce Peaslee, January 19, 2006, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

I had an IBasic project that converted the hex code from the dialog editor into the string constants

i.e., 0x50000000 ---> "AWS_CHILD | AWS_VISIBLE"

I never really finished it and now want to do it in Aurora. It's actually going pretty well, but one number has me baffled. In the Create() method from the dialog editor we get 0x80000080 if we check nothing. The first (left to right) "8" is for AWS_POPUP, but what is the second?
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Ionic Wind Support Team

CONST DS_MODALFRAME = 0x80;

Besides window styles dialogs have their own unique ones.  See the MSDN docs for the DS_ constants.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Bruce Peaslee

Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Ionic Wind Support Team

Here are the ones I found in the windows header files (Find In Files makes it easy).

Searching for ' DS_'...

C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7327): #define DS_ABSALIGN         0x01L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7328): #define DS_SYSMODAL         0x02L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7329): #define DS_LOCALEDIT        0x20L   /* Edit items get Local storage. */
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7330): #define DS_SETFONT          0x40L   /* User specified font for Dlg controls */
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7331): #define DS_MODALFRAME       0x80L   /* Can be combined with WS_CAPTION  */
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7332): #define DS_NOIDLEMSG        0x100L  /* WM_ENTERIDLE message will not be sent */
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7333): #define DS_SETFOREGROUND    0x200L  /* not in win3.1 */
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7338): #define DS_3DLOOK           0x0004L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7339): #define DS_FIXEDSYS         0x0008L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7340): #define DS_NOFAILCREATE     0x0010L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7341): #define DS_CONTROL          0x0400L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7342): #define DS_CENTER           0x0800L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7343): #define DS_CENTERMOUSE      0x1000L
C:\MSDEV\include\WINUSER.H(7344): #define DS_CONTEXTHELP      0x2000L

Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

Also the L isn't needed/used in Aurora, it's used there since the C compiler generates warnings that you're passing non-matching types. Aurora automatically converts int to uint and all the others.

Bruce Peaslee

Thanks. MSDN gave me the names and a constant file I got from my IBasic days gave me the values.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."