March 28, 2024, 05:42:04 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

New IWB

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), April 29, 2021, 01:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I have the core compiler working for the most part.
Now writing the lib code for IWB.

LarryMc sent me some code - now taking a step back to figure out some of it.

Anyway - still working on it almost everyday for a couple of hours. Rest of my time
goes to work around the farm.

Larry

Brian

Exciting. Is that still 32-bit, or a new 64-bit version?

Brian

Andy

Sounds great!

What new features are we going to get?

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

64 bit - total re-write of the compiler - still a bit to go.
Seems every time I change something I break two other things.

Larry

Andy

Yes Larry,

I wish I had a pound / dollar for every time it's happened to me.

Keep going!

Andy.
 :) 
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

billhsln

If you are only breaking 2 more things then you are doing better than a lot of us.  Most of us fix one bug to create 5 more.

Keep on trucking.....

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

Quote from: Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) on April 29, 2021, 01:40:16 PMLarryMc sent me some code - now taking a step back to figure out some of it.

The "code" that I sent Larry was for him to test his new compiler. In order to give it as good a test as possible at this stage it needed to test as much functionality as possible without the code itself  being so complicated as to be overwhelming in size.
In the last 10 years I haven't written any "little" programs when you consider the IDE, IWB+, and my other offerings. When I looked through everything I had done I chose to give him the source code to the IWGrid program. Here's what it has in it:

1. It's a project; multiple source files
2. It has a resource file
3. It uses the "stdafx.inc" include file arrangement
4. It uses user defined parameter types
5. It uses the "windowssdk.inc" include file
6. It contains control sub-classing
7. It contains extensive drawing commands in a custom .lib file
8. It contains an .o object file.

I figure if the new compiler can compile that program it will handle the vast majority of the programs the current users are writing. What I can't address is graphic library and I don't have a good dbase program to test.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library