May 05, 2024, 03:42:53 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

{} color in IDE

Started by Parker, August 25, 2006, 10:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parker

For some reason the { and } are colored black now while the other operators are that yellow color. It looks kind of odd and I think all operators should be colored the same. In my opinion, there should be an operator color and quoted character color option in the IDE, and that would complete all the color options I think.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Turn off brace hilighting if you don't like the bracket colors.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

August 26, 2006, 09:38:46 AM #2 Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 09:43:15 AM by Parker
That doesn't really help it. I think that { and } are styled as SCE_C_DEFAULT or STYLE_DEFAULT, but the other operators like '(' and ';' are colored aas SCE_C_OPERATOR.

It's not a big issue though, just for consistency.

Edit - { and } seem to be colored the same as text (eg, if I turn the text purple the braces [only { and }] turn purple too). And one other thing - the caret doesn't show when the background is black. The caret color should probably be the inverse of the background color.

Ionic Wind Support Team

{ isn't an operator, it is text in my opinion, and should be colored the same as the rest of the text.  Probably because I am used to the way Microsoft editors work.

And we originally did have it the same color as operators and it made blocks hard to read with small text, Hard to tell the difference between {( )} when they were both the same color.   After a few users complaints about it I made it the same color as the text.

Guess I can't please everyone.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

I didn't know it was requested, I thought it was a bug. Sorry.

Ionic Wind Support Team

The caret color I can address though.  I did change highlighting to be the inverse a while ago.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Caret is now set to inverse of the background color in beta1
Ionic Wind Support Team