May 09, 2024, 04:27:25 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

image animation in GUI client area

Started by pistol350, April 14, 2008, 05:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistol350

Sorry if the title of my subject is not very clear, not very explicit.

well, my purpose is to display an animation (rather bitmap animation) in the client area of my GUI application, WINDOW or DIALOG

I think that GDI use can be very useful, but i don't know where to start as i don't know how to implement animation using only API.
( this is not really a big deal as using google can surely bring fair results. )

By the way, the first idea that comes to my mind, as it seems to be the one i can easily and quickly write, is to create a screen as a child of my parent window/dialog and create the animation here using 2D commands

BUT, there might be a better solution, so, any suggestions ?

thanks.
Regards,

Peter B.

Ionic Wind Support Team

I don't have an example but look into the animation control, it comes with Windows.  Someone here may have created one using ControlEx.

Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

pistol350

Hi Paul!

Do you mean Animation control as the work done by Bevets (R.I.P) for Ibasic pro ?

an example is attached below.
Regards,

Peter B.

LarryMc

Yes, Bevets animation control is it.

It plays AVIs (which are a series of bitmaps).

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

The animation control is a common control, Bevets just wrapped it.

You can create the control with the ControlEx function.

You could also open a browser window, without a caption , and show an animated .gif as well.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

LarryMc

Quote from: Paul Turley on April 14, 2008, 12:14:09 PM
You can create the control with the ControlEx function.
That's what I'm in the process of doing in my Window/Dialog Designer.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

pistol350

Thank you for all the infos.

Quote from: Paul Turley on April 14, 2008, 12:14:09 PM
You could also open a browser window, without a caption , and show an animated .gif as well.
Paul.

I know that solution and have sample codes of it,.
However, i may explore another way of having the same results using a single bitmap file that i will animate myself.

Thanks again for your help.
Regards,

Peter B.