May 10, 2024, 06:04:27 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Which Control is used by MS paint to display images ?

Started by pistol350, March 01, 2008, 06:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistol350

I just wondered if the control used by MS paint to display images is a rich edit control or a custom one ?
Regards,

Peter B.

pistol350

OK, i guess i should ask a question more related to programming :)

Let's say i am writing a picture editing application,
what should i use to display my pictures, i mean a simple window or a dialog or something else you know but i don't.
Regards,

Peter B.

LarryMc

March 02, 2008, 07:16:15 PM #2 Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:21:43 PM by Larry McCaughn
The picture editor I built was based upon a caption-less child window with a border who's parent was a regular window.

The source might still be here http://www.codingmonkeys.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item31    although I don't think everything is there for it to comple.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

pistol350

Hi Larry!
I know this application that you wrote.
I have tried to learn from it many times, but the source is composed of a bunch of files and this doesn't help.
Unfortunately, I can't get to the most basic and important parts of the source.
I never managed to get it compiled by the way  :-\
Well, i will try to fight against it once more, but i guess i already know the outcome of this fight  ::)

Thanks.
Regards,

Peter B.

GWS

Any chance you could re-post it here Larry?  :)

I'm not sure I ever saw it, and I can't get into CM nowadays ..  ::)

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..