May 04, 2024, 02:37:11 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

compiler stopped working

Started by yujinwunz, January 13, 2009, 03:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yujinwunz

January 13, 2009, 03:32:05 AM Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:26:33 PM by yujinwunz
i was compiling my program when all of a sudden windows vista said the emergence basic compiler stopped working. it never happened before. the emergence basic shell window was normal, responsive and still has the message:

compiling...
a0.0.8.eba

and after a second it said (-edit- that was after i clicked "cancel" and "close" to the error report things"

"Error(s) in compiling "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Yujin Wu's Games DO NOT DELETE\a0.0.8.eba"

i tried it again and it did the same thing.

i tried one of my older programs and it worked.
the program i am compiling is awfully long, but the problem happened after i made a subroutine named "limit(num as float, max as float),float"

im using EB 1.58

any ideas as to why its happening?
anyone having the same problem?
ive read in update anouncements about this memory leak bug found and fixed, so
should i upgrade?

any response is appreciated, because ive been on about it for 45 hours >:( (-edit- 45 minutes)

a subquestion i would also like to know, is it possible in emergence basic, using some kind of dll or something, to compile programs for mac? ive got something my friend would really like to see on his new unlaggy mac.

mrainey

Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Ionic Wind Support Team

Considering your using a 2 year old unsupported version, yes you should.
Ionic Wind Support Team

yujinwunz

yujinwunz

it doesnt work. ive downloaded 1.69 demo and the compiler still stops working. :-\ its probably my program, i will look into it further. the only time i used "limit(num,max)" was as a parameter in an RGB function.

yujinwunz

January 13, 2009, 03:24:15 PM #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:29:53 PM by yujinwunz
ive just taken limit out of the rgb function and replaces it with "0" and it compiles, with the decleration of limit and it's definition still intact.

here is the function:

SUB limit(num as float, max as float)

DEF num1 as float
num1 = num
IF num1 < 0 THEN num = 0
IF num1> max THEN num = max

RETURN num

ENDSUB

and here is the declare

DECLARE limit(num as float, max as float), float

and the only place ive used it

DRAWRECT mag*(ex[i]+panx-0.5*eb[i]), mag*(ey[i]+pany-0.5*eb[i]), mag*eb[i],mag*eb[i],RGB(100+(ee[i]/2),ee[i],limit(6*(ee[i]-200,240))

yujinwunz

:(

omg. i feel so bad for wasting people's time.

ive put a parenthesis in the wrong place.

sorry those who tried to help me