May 03, 2024, 08:03:53 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Maximum Number of Child Windows

Started by Bruce Peaslee, January 09, 2006, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

I plan on having over 100 child windows in my main window as part of my project. Placing them is a painstaking manual task. As I get up to about ten, no problem; but if I go any higher, the program acts up. Is there any limit to the number of child windows the main window can have?
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Zen

In IBasic i managed to open about 70. How are you storing your windows? If you store them in a linked list, a linked list of variables to you window class that is. You should be ok. I dont think there is a limit as such to the number of child windows you can open.

Another thing is maybe if they are all open at the same time on initialization of your program, it could be your computer having trouble.

Lewis

Parker

The only limitation should be windows. Could you describe the problem in more detail, or post some code that demonstrates the problem?

Bruce Peaslee

Quote from: Parker on January 10, 2006, 01:49:10 PM
The only limitation should be windows. Could you describe the problem in more detail, or post some code that demonstrates the problem?
I replaced them with static controls - as a test - and it runs OK. I must have a logic problem somewhere. I'll putter around some more first.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles