May 04, 2024, 08:13:58 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

ATTACHEDBROWSER - am I stupid?

Started by Junner2003, August 08, 2007, 07:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junner2003

August 08, 2007, 07:03:42 AM Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:42:53 AM by Junner2003
Hmmm,
not sure if I just missunderstand it but I thought if the url is not reachable because of no internet connection or so it should give out the message defined?:

If Attachbrowser(wb,"http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php") = -1
    Messagebox wb, "Couldn't create browser control","Error"
    End
Endif

However, it does not - why? The window just keeps loading!

Ionic Wind Support Team

No.  Attachbrowser only fails if the WebBrowser control itself can't be cretaed, such as if the user has completely removed IE from their system, out of memory conditions, etc.

If you wish to check for a web page not loading you will need to process messages from the control.  @IDNAVCOMPLETE should be of use for this purpose.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Junner2003

Quote from: Paul Turley on August 08, 2007, 08:40:15 AM
No.  Attachbrowser only fails if the WebBrowser control itself can't be cretaed, such as if the user has completely removed IE from their system, out of memory conditions, etc.

If you wish to check for a web page not loading you will need to process messages from the control.  @IDNAVCOMPLETE should be of use for this purpose.

Thanks! So, I am stupid! ;) - Just misunderstood it!
After your explanation it looks clear to me!