March 28, 2024, 04:53:11 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Anything?

Started by aurelCB, August 21, 2015, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aurelCB

Well ..what to say ..
this place is still empty ...and i know as many old members that there are
lot of unfinished or not very well tested programs..
Come on people where is your Creative Side ?

GWS

August 21, 2015, 07:37:21 PM #1 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:42:48 PM by GWS
Well, if you insist  ::) - but I'm not so keen to post anything that's not been honed to a reasonable result.

This is one of the biggest, most complex programs I've worked on. For ages, I couldn't get it to work at all.  The problem is, how to get reasonable replies to one or more input statements or questions.

I had planned to have Eliza speak as well as give text replies, using a text-to-speech program with a good voice - it sort of worked, but it's not included in this version.  Not quite right yet.

I'm not sure I've fully debugged all the subroutine calls to get a full range of replies - more checking needed.  The replies can get repetitive - that shouldn't happen - something not quite right there either.

I also wanted a random selection of Eliza pictures to spice up the program - only one in this version, but she's pretty.

Anyway, see what you make of it .. I might come back to this project at some point.

Best wishes,  :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Bill-Bo

I asked her age and she just rambles.

Bill

GWS

Naturally - you can't ask a woman her age ..  ;D ;D

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

aurelCB

Hello people
What about posting here some old interesting examples from
old Pyxia Cd  ?

billhsln

I will admit that some of the better/interesting examples would be fun to see.  But I would be more interested in some of the things people have done recently that extend or expand on the possibilities of IWB.  I know there are probably members who have created Assembly code to enhance or speed up how things are done.  I enjoyed the examples of doing sorting via C routines and have even found times to use it.  You never know what might interest our members.

Ficko created an Assembly language utility to split a record by a delimiter.  I use it fairly frequently.  The funny thing is every once in a while it goes off to never never land.  I am not sure if he is ever on the forum any more, but I wish he was, so maybe he could figure out why it does not work every once in a while.

Bill

' Split created by Ficko
_asm
Split: push ebp
mov ebp, esp
push esi
push edi
push ebx
mov edi, [ebp+8]
mov esi, [ebp+16]
xor ecx, ecx
xor ebx, ebx
movzx eax, byte [ebp+12]
C01:mov [esi], edi
inc ebx
C00:cmp byte [edi], 0
        jz Exit
inc ecx
scasb
jnz C00
lea esi, [esi+4]
mov [edi-1], ah
jmp C01
Exit: mov dword [esi+4], 0          ;Can be omited since we have return value.
xchg eax, ebx
pop ebx
pop edi
pop esi
leave
ret 0x0C
_endasm
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

aurelCB

QuoteBut I would be more interested in some of the things people have done recently that extend or expand on the possibilities of IWB
well i don't see recently is posted something but in such a things like that old cd it is ,i know that some of you have it .

Brian

I've got one, if it works. I'll have a looksee . . .

Brian

aurelCB

That would be great Brian.. :)

Brian

Sorry, I can't find it now. The last time I used it, it wouldn't load, so I must have dumped it

Brian