May 21, 2024, 06:41:03 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IWB2

Started by Brian, March 12, 2011, 05:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi,
I am really trying to like IWB2, but I'm finding it difficult and frustrating. I haven't managed
to compile anything of my own yet. After messing about for ages, I got one to compile
with no problems. Then when I pressed my Preferences button in the program - bong! - "Do
you want to send this report to Microsoft" etc, appears. Tried to recompile, but IWB refuses
to do this. Check the Task Manager and check for open files - nothing. Will not recompile again
without rebooting PC. Very frustrating. Even worse after the last program update. Tried with
Strict on, then off, various other settings. No joy. Might wait to buy until I can see positive
reports from other users appearing

This is not to denigrate the sterling efforts of both Larries and Sapero. They have produced
a super feature-rich program - thanks, guys

Brian

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

As with any new ( and I mean new - massive changes internal) there are problems.
We will address each of the problems and the updates are free and we will be here
to support the language in the future.

So I ask that you continue to work with us to make IWB the best compiler available.

Larry

Brian

It's OK, Larry - I do intend to stick with it - and I will buy it eventually

I'm having problems now even compiling some of the supplied examples - finish compiling
and then they immediately crash!

I have every faith in the team's efforts - maybe just a bit of exasperation on my part

Brian

barry

I'm also having problems compiling samples.  A few will compile.  Most cause the compiler to crash.  After a crash I have the .opts file in the folder but no exe.

None of the 3D samples will compile.  All of the 2D samples do compile.  The Image viewer sample does compile.  Autoscale_test doesn't compile.

Also when I run IWBasic I get a message from UAC saying that it wants to modify my system, etc.

I don't think this is ready for prime time.

Barry

Brian

Larry,

Just been for a walk round one of our local beauty spots, and had time to think

It wasn't a really fair comment of mine, about IBW2, so I thought that the best
way to show my support was to buy it

I have just been on Paypal and ordered...

BTW, since going out, I had 10 days left to evaluate. I have just run it again,
and now I have 0 (zero) days left! Which means I can't use it again until you
supply me with a Registration Code

Many thanks,

Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian Pugh on March 12, 2011, 09:24:59 AM
I have just been on Paypal and ordered...

BTW, since going out, I had 10 days left to evaluate. I have just run it again,
and now I have 0 (zero) days left! Which means I can't use it again until you
supply me with a Registration Code
Brian
We are experiencing the same frustration that you have felt.
We spent a lot of time and effort to turn out what we felt was a "quality" product.
I had been testing the beta of IWB2 all along while I was working on the help file.
All the examples in the help file I ran and experimented with using the beta to make sure I understood what Sapero was doing and could explain it in the help file.

So I have seen everything work.

I can't believe the "0" days remaining problem.  I mean, from the standpoint of "what else can go wrong".  I know the software that Larry purchased to do that is new(and new to him).  I had purchased the same software sometime back but have not actually used it yet.
The point being is we tested it.  I downloaded the trial version just like everyne else.  I used it, purchased it(to check that portion), installed the unlock; everything.  Of course, there will always be scenarios we can't account for.
I can't generate the Registration Code you need; only LarryS can do that.

I get my updates to the installer the same way ya'll do.  I download it from the same link.

Bottom line:
We are truly sorry that anyone is having any sort of problem.
We appreciate your (and others) patience as we work through these issues.
We definitely appreciate everyone's support.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Barney

Quote from: LarryMc on March 12, 2011, 09:55:48 AMBottom line:
We are truly sorry that anyone is having any sort of problem.
We appreciate your (and others) patience as we work through these issues.
We definitely appreciate everyone's support.
And I think most (if not all) of the long term users of (I), (E) and now (IW)Basic will be patient enough and supportive enough. I know I will. Actually, this is (in a way) somewhat enjoyable. Finding what works and what not. Gets me back to the good ol' days of programming many decades ago.

Keep on doing the great work!

Barney

Brian

Hmmm, I'll explain what I did...

Before I went for my walk, I had 10 days left on IWB
I came back, and decided to order
Now, before I do any ordering on the Internet, I always run the Control Panel Internet Options,
and remove any cached files, cookies, passwords, etc
Then I run Ccleaner, to catch anything else that may be lurking
Then I went and ordered
That went OK
Then when I went back to IWB, I found I had zero days left

Does this throw any light on the situation?

Brian

ckoehn

I too haven't received my "Registration code" from Larry S.  It has been over "24hrs" since I made payment.  Maybe you need to change that where it says a code will be sent in 24 hrs.  :)

I pm'd him today and haven't heard back yet.

Later,
Clint

LarryMc

@Brian - That may indeed be useful when LarryS starts looking into it.

@Clint - Totally out of my control.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

re-compiled and posted.
Also this one will reset the 15 day clock.
If you change the time on your computer (set clock/date back) it will expire immediately.

Larry