May 02, 2024, 08:30:03 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Bitblt

Started by lviklund, February 10, 2006, 06:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lviklund

If you have followed my discussion regarding Sillyballs you probably have figured out that they are supposed to bounce around.

Now I am confused again.
I can't really follow Paul's ideas ???  :-[.
GetHDC, ReleaseHDC, AWS_AUTODRAW, HandlePaint, BackPen and so on.

How do I paint to a backbuffer and then bitblt it to my front device?
Is it in there already and I am not getting it or am I supposed to use the old standard way?

Please release me :(.

Lasse

Ionic Wind Support Team

Windows GDI doesn't have a backbuffer per se.  And there isn't any 2D commands yet.

There are ways to do it in using the GDI.  Such as creating an off screen bitmap and BiBlt like you mentioned, but it is a lot of API calls.  Or you can erase the old ball positions by drawing them in the background color before drawing them in the new position.

Paul,
Ionic Wind Support Team

lviklund

February 10, 2006, 07:42:08 AM #2 Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:46:06 AM by lviklund
Thank's
That's what I needed to know :).
I'll do it the hard way or maybe an even harder. Maybe I'll try to use a third party way.
I'll think  ::) about it.

/Lasse

Ionic Wind Support Team

Once we get past all the 'function naming' discussion in the developers center I will start work on other libraries.  Including the 2D one.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Bruce Peaslee

Quote from: Ionic Wizard on February 10, 2006, 07:50:23 AM
Once we get past all the 'function naming' discussion in the developers center I will start work on other libraries.ÂÃ,  Including the 2D one.

:D
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles