May 14, 2024, 05:18:40 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Info Only Update 05-30-2012

Started by LarryMc, May 29, 2012, 11:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Code to support the standalone compiling of rc files in a project is completed.

I tested it with the rc file from the IWB+ project files.
I compiled the rc file to a res file then linked it into the IWB+ project.
Worked as expected.

Having this functionality was important to me for the following reason.

In the current IDE if you select 'compile' for a project the rc file is compiled first followed by all the iwb source files.
If there is an error in the rc file the IDE continues on with the iwb files.
When it has finished with those the process will halt and fail to link because of the rc file error.
For a project that has only one or two iwb files that procedure presents no real problem.

But take a project like the IWB+ Visual Designer(40+ iwb files) and the new IDE (currently 47 iwb files) it becomes a real pain waiting for all those files to finishing compiling when you know it isn't going to link.

This new feature (new to the IDE but did exist in IWB+) will allow the user to insure the rc file compiles properly before attempting to compile the iwb files.

I also intend to further decouple the compile rc / compile iwb files / link files process.
In the new IDE, if the user selects the 'compile' option and the rc compile fails the process will abort there instead of proceeding through the iwb files.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Finished the code to save files if a compile process is initiated.
If no project is open:
  current file is saved if it is modified
  all other modified files are ignored

If project is open:
  all modified project files are saved without prompting
  all other modified files are ignored
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Finished code to compile a project (no linking yet)
Completed code to highlight compile errors in red and warnings in yellow.
Completed code for context menu in Build tab of Output window.
Completed code to save Build window contents to clipboard or print contents, based upon context menu selection.
LarryMc

LarryMc

Finished code to link a project (used Button Designer for testing)
LarryMc

LarryMc

For some reason figuring out the code to compile a single file, which has a hidden resource file, is like pulling teeth.
It is taking me forever to get through only 300+ lines of code.

LarryMc

LarryMc

Finally got the IDE code to compile with all the new code for compiling single files.
Now I've just got to get the IDE to actually compile a single file program.
LarryMc