May 13, 2024, 06:08:19 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Update 03-23-2012

Started by LarryMc, March 23, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Code in place to open a parent project when one of its source files are opened if the On File Open / Open Parent Project option is selected in the IDE Options dialog, provided the following conditions are met:
1) There is no project currently open.
2) The On Project Open / Open All Source Files option is NOT selected in the IDE Options dialog

If the above conditions are met the project will be automatically opened.

In the event that a source file is opened that is part of multiple projects a popup menu will open with an entry for each project.
The user can then choose which project to open or opt to not open a project.

Download has been updated.

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=4896.msg37499#msg37499

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry, just a thought . . .

Maybe you should check for the existence of an ini file on installing, and then
it wouldn't wipe out all your settings, which it does at the moment

Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian Pugh on March 25, 2012, 11:22:02 AM
Larry, just a thought . . .

Maybe you should check for the existence of an ini file on installing, and then
it wouldn't wipe out all your settings, which it does at the moment

Brian
When I was originally looking at that I was thinking about checking like you say.  My initial thought was that would mean I have to search every folder on every drive attached to the computer(either local or lan).  So I put the issue aside and failed to go back to it.

The immediate fix is to set a flag in the installer to not overwrite that file if it exists. -** DONE **-
If there is ever a need to add/modify the entries in the ini file from a design standpoint I can write a little program that the installer will run and I'll pass the ini location (known at that time) as a command line parameter to that program.

Thanks for the feedback.

Download has been updated.

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=4896.msg37499#msg37499

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry,

Just installed - works for me!

Brian