May 13, 2024, 05:41:50 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Update 02-12-2012

Started by LarryMc, February 12, 2012, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Completed all the code for enabling/disabling all toolbar buttons and menu items at appropriate times.
Some additional qualifying condition code will need to be added in places before the IDE is finished.

Added all the code to support the Files/Recent Files option.
Up to nine entries will be automatically inserted in menu and replaced/removed/moved as is appropriate.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Got to thinking about the recent files menu today.
I begin to wonder why I had it limited to nine entries and the abbreviated paths.

I couldn't give myself a good answer (kinda sounds like I've gone off the deep end  ;)  )

So now it will hold the last 30 files and it will show the full path name regardless of length.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

Devil's Advocate.  Reason for 9, most people can remember at least 3 sets of 3 things easily.  Don't know why, but that could be why most programs have only 9 remembered files.  Also, full name might be more info than most folks would need.  I would not go below 1 level for uniqueness.  As in, dir/file.iwb dir2/file2.iwb, etc.

Just my 2 cents.  I like the idea of more, but not sure it is practical, when it gets dropped down and displayed.

Like I said, just my 2 cents.

Still looks excellent,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

The reason I went to full paths was to fix a problem I have encountered. 

I tend to make a lot of backups while I'm developing code.
I just create a new folder and copy my working folder contents into it.

That way if I work myself into a hole it is easy to go back.
There are times that i wind up with multiple versions of the same file open at the same time.
With the way the current IDE is sometimes the portion of the path that identifies the different files is obscured by "...".
Now I won't have that problem.

As to the quantity of recent files.  If someone selects the new option to open all the files belonging to a project they could easily use up the nine slots and not be able to see the previous files before the project was open.

Attached are the two different versions of the same file list.

Note: While relooking at this I decided I'll make both user selectable options.
F-L-E-X-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y

LarryMc
LarryMc

billhsln

I like the looks of the full file name better than the ... version.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

QuoteNote: While relooking at this I decided I'll make both user selectable options.

Code is Done

LarryMc
LarryMc