May 15, 2024, 10:22:53 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Simple Image Editor

Started by LarryMc, March 05, 2008, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

March 05, 2008, 01:17:13 PM Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:42:21 PM by Larry McCaughn
As requested by several members I am making available all the source code for an emage editor and image map builder that I created for use with my genealogy software.

I had posted the 1st version of this on another web site but people were having problems getting it to compile.

Reading the help file at that time would have told them they needed to download and install 3rd party software libraries in order to get it to compile.

This version is a stripped down version in that it does not have those features which would require commercial software in order to compile.

This version should have everything needed in order to compile.  (If it doesn't I'm sure someone will let me know) ;)

I'm offering this not as a slick, full featured editor but as a learning tool.  It demonstrates nearly 80 concepts of programming with Ebasic which are listed in the Help file.

Unzip the attachment to its own directory.
Then read the readme.txt file for specific instructions.
Then read the help.file.
Then run the included exe file or
try to compile and use the program.

Hope this helps someone with a technique.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Thanks Larry ..  :)

I'm sure I shall learn lots of things from your work ..

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

Right now I'm waiting for someone to tell me they got it to compile.

Larry
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

sapero

March 05, 2008, 04:59:11 PM #3 Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:07:22 PM by sapero
I got it to compile, but with some changes: all paths in .rc file changed to relative, unresolved external HtmlHelpA - created import library from hhctrl.ocx and added $use "hhctrl.lib". Some undefined imports (you have in private incc file) fixed with $include "windows.inc".

Removed OpenConsole() :)

Larry, to be more portable you should include ctl.lib in project settings (and remove $use from ctl.inc). Be sure to recompile your project without custom incc files before sharing the source. Only advanced user will be able to fix all problems.

LarryMc

Thanks Sapero,

That's not the first time my .incc files got me in trouble.

I'll try to fix that stuff and upload a new version.

Larry
LarryMc

LarryMc

Fixed the things that Sapero spotted and posted a new version at:
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2297.msg20001.html#msg20001

Sorry for the hassle.

Larry
LarryMc