May 15, 2024, 08:47:29 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

HIME - Miscellaneous Notes

Started by REDEBOLT, March 03, 2008, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDEBOLT

March 03, 2008, 09:12:38 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:43:02 PM by REDEBOLT
I will post here some miscellanous notes about HIME.

Note 1:
Eddy Van Esch has made a suggestion regarding allocation/deallocation of HIME registers.  Rather than hard-coding them as I have shown before, I will be using hi_RegAllocate and hi_RegUnAllocate.  These functions are necessary if you want your program to be "thread-safe."  The aspects of "multiple-thread" programming are covered in the HIME help system.  The full HIME system can be downloaded from here.

Note 2:
You have probably noticed that the programs I have shown has a file called "Register.inc" imbedded within the program .  This file contains the registration code for HIME .  Obviously, I cannot reveal my code, but I show where it is inserted.

' Register.inc
'
'    specify a file NAME OF your choice.
         INT h1 : h1=1
         HI_REGCLEAR(h1)                     ' Let HIME default to himi.ini
'         HI_PUTREGASCIIZ ("HIME.ini", h1)    ' Specify your own filename, but not both.
         hi_HIMEParams_LoadFromFile (h1)

HI_PUTREGASCIIZ("_____-_____________________", h1)  'Your license key
         HI_REGISTER(h1)   
        $UNDECLARE h1

There are actually two parts to the file:

The first defines an .ini file which serves to minimize run time on subsequent invocations of the program.

The second registers your license key with hime.  Registering HIME makes that the nagscreens are not shown anymore.
If HIME is not registered, a nagscreen pops up every few minutes and interrupts HIMEs operation for about 10 seconds.
Regards,
Bob