April 29, 2024, 10:17:06 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Cannot build project

Started by danbaron, June 29, 2009, 03:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danbaron

Hi.

I have a console executable project consisting of 4 .eba files.

One of the files is the program, and the other 3 consist of subroutines.

The 3 subroutine files also have header .inc files, which are included at the top of the .eba files which use them.

I cannot build the project.

In the build window, for each of the 4 .eba files, the line,

"nasm: error: more than one input file specified",

is displayed many times.

Then, for each of the 4 files, the line,

"type  `nasm -h' for help",

is displayed.

Then, for each of the 4 files, the line,

"Error(s) in assembling 'filename.a'",
is displayed; where 'filename', means the name of one of the particular files, from the group of 4 files.

I cannot figure out what is wrong.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Dan.

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump."  -  W.C. Fields

mrainey

Quote from Paul regarding v1.732:

QuoteThe new assembler options edit box is in the "Advanced" section of the executable options or project options dialogs.  If you have an older project you should check the edit box to see if it contains random data, if so just select all and clear it out.

The only assembler option that is of general interest is the -On optimization option.  Where n is a number greater than 0 and represents the number of optimization passes the assembler performs.  We recommend using -O9 as the minimum for most projects although you may have to increase that number for very large source files.  The assembler will report strange errors such as "Phase Error" if the number of passes is too low.

When in doubt just clear the box and compile without assembler optimizations.

I had to use a value of eighteen (-O18) in a large project to get rid of the error you describe.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

danbaron

Thank you very much, Mike.

I did exactly what you said, using (-O18), and the project immediately compiled and linked.

I remember reading that note from Paul, but apparently, it did not penetrate my cranium.

And, my "Assembler Options" box, did contain gibberish.

I didn't think this problem would be resolved so fast, I thought it would be an expedition.

Thanks again.
Dan.
"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump."  -  W.C. Fields

Ionic Wind Support Team

Or just clearing out the box would have worked as well.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team